RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI in a car

To: "'Dave Cole'" <dave@nk7z.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI in a car
From: "J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:42:42 -0000
Dave,
Have you bonded EVERY piece of metal to each other with flexible strapping?

This needs to include body panels, frame sections, exhaust sections, etc.
Doing this should help knock down the 20 RFI to your radio, but can you
describe the type and location of your radio and antenna mounts and feedline
placement?  Also, to what are the radio chassis and antenna bonded?  Having
an appropriate (short, and fat) ground strap for these and other components
of the vehicle can make a significant difference in both issues.

Thanks & 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964