RFI

Re: [RFI] Sudden RFI After Rain

To: rfi@contesting.com, jim feldman <mtnredhed@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sudden RFI After Rain
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hello...
 In my experience and what I have learned over the years about RFI and
especially line noise is... if you hear it on the low bands and diminishes the
higher you go in frequency the less noise you hear, it is probably not really
close.
 In other words noise on 75/80 meters can come from a long distance (maybe
miles) away whereas noise on 12/10 meters is most probably close.
 I used to have noise only on 10/15 and it turned out to be exactly a block
away.
 It can be transmitter on the power lines from wayyyy off. That kind will drive
the RF hunters crazy, since they don't really know which way to look.
 Good luck,
 Tom K5IID