RFI

[RFI] A new noise

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] A new noise
From: thornton ash <thorntonash@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 13:21:37 -0400
Several months ago I started hearing a new noise, strongest on 80M, but up to
40M as well. Almost sounds like bad CW or arcing and is about 5-8 Hz wide
occurring every 100 Hz or so. It shift around in frequency, moving up or down
20-30 Hz.

We had a power failure today and was able to listen during the failure and it
had disappeared, back with the power on. So, I know it is probably in a
neighbors house.

 I will be checking with a portable Rcvr , but so far I can only hear it my 80
& 40 arrays. I plan on constructing an 80M loop which should help for walking
the neighborhood.

Any suggestions.

TKS,

Thornton