RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 04:08:43 -0500
Tony,

It could be anything.

I myself a few years ago had a random sporadic noise, a crackling and very
strong especially on the lower bands, 80 meters.  One day I had the receiver
volume turned up so I could hear it in another room and while I was walking
though the kitchen I heard the crackle crackle while I walked.  I went to the
basement and started looking all around.  What I found was the metal wire that
is used to hang suspended ceiling tile was barely touching a metal electrical
conduit above the tile and any amount of vibration would cause that static in
the radio.

Anyway that's my little story.  I hope you can find it quickly.

73
Dale, k9vuj