RFI

Re: [RFI] DigiKeyer II

To: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DigiKeyer II
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:46:03 -0600
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Dale J. <dj2001x@comcast.net> wrote:
> I looked at the picture, generally you need to get more than one turn though
> those donuts to be effective.  I don't use that type of core, I use the kind
> that snap together, got them all over the place.
>
> Sounds like you are making progress.

Yes.  Need to do some more testing with folks that have a good ear.

There are three turns through those toroids and that's all I thought I
could reasonably do given the length of the cable.  If this fix holds,
I plan to tape the toroids together so that they don't end up
shattering!  At that point, I'll see if there is a way to get one more
turn through.

I would like some opinions (there are 100 of you here so I expect 125
- 150 opinions!) on wether to keep the #31/#43 combo (I was just
trying to cover all bases) or whether I should do two of the same mix
... and if so, which mix?

Peter