RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise...
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:32:05 -0700
For power line noise detection, I use a Yaesu FT-7900 tuned to 324 MHz with
a magnetic loop antenna.  Mounted on the car, the lobe is upward and off the
passenger side in a narrow swath due to other antennas causing it to act as
a 3-element Yagi.  I can drive down the highway at 85 MPH and positively
identify arcing poles or associated hardware with 100% certainty, yes, yes,
no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, et cetera, even 600-900' from the pole, more than
the space between them.

Speaking of which, anyone playing with my idea of a half-Yagi on the trunk
lid of a sedan made of a row of NMO mounted whips?

This would be comparable to my current installation, but more purpose
designed.

Kurt