RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI

To: <w3bj@juno.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:25:34 -0500
Sounds like the utility has spent a lot of money and done quite a bit more
than most other utilities ever do to track your RFI.

Just a guess, but it sounds like they (utility and RFI Services) verified
the source is not from their electrical system/equipment.  Correct?

And I assume you have properly ruled out your house as the RFI source by
shutting down your household power at the main?

In that case, you will need to locate which neighbor's house is the source
of the noise.

The utility may know which one is the source, but they may not feel
comfortable giving out that info.  And in today's lawsuit-crazy culture, the
utility probably doesn't want to risk a lawsuit by telling you which house
is the source.  They should at least contact the home owner to make them
aware of the sparking problem and risk in not having an electrician look
into it.

So if my assumptions are all wrong, please let us know more details.
Otherwise, you might want to ask a local ham radio club if they have anyone
who can assist in finding the source.

73, de ed -K0iL