RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:24:50 -0700
On 20 Apr 2014 at 1:13, n0tt1@juno.com wrote:

> This doesn't directly answer your question Dale, but FWIW....
> A friend of mine told me today that AT&T U-verse is distributed
> that way near his home.  He says that when he operated QRO
> it would greatly affect the U-verse in his neighborhood.  He said
> he tried to report the problem to AT&T but "they wouldn't even talk
> to him" because he wasn't a U-verse customer.  He realizes that
> it's their problem, but has chosen to operate nothing but QRP
> just to keep the peace with his neighbors.  (Oh my!)

Gee. What a nice fellow. I wouldn't have been so nice...in fact, in a similar
situation, I wasn't...

> He has been encouraged to start operating QRO again to
> get the neighbors to complain to AT&T.

Good. Whoever encouraged him to do that has my complete agreement.
The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I had to tell my neighbors, repeatedly, that I was completely in compliance
with all laws. I had to print off that notice that is usually included with
some
sorts of entertainment equipment which says, "This equipment must accept
interference...." and give them several copies.

When they threatened to call the F.C.C. I told them to, by all means, please
do that. I also gave my neighbors the telephone numbers to the F.C.C. and
encouraged them to call them.

Eventually, most issues were resolved when the main complainant got a
NEW set of computer speakers. Her old ones were outputing signals from
me even when they were turned off and unplugged...and I kid you not.

>  I hope he'll do that.

Same here.

Ken W7EKB