RFI

Re: [RFI] Common Mode Line Filter

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common Mode Line Filter
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:59:20 -0400
I have an inexpensive Qualtek computer input line filter that is rated 250 VAC at 3 amps.According to the schematic on the side, the third wire is grounded to the chassis on both sides of the filter. Would such an arrangement make for better filtering by solving the pin 1 problem, for the device using it?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.