RFI

Re: [RFI] Zapped

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Zapped
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:59:13 -0500
On 2/25/2015 9:37 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
Many years ago when I worked for Mobilecom we had an instance of a homeless
person getting killed because he noticed how warm it was in the path of one
of the horns one winter evening.  He smelled like roast turkey.

Kurt

*Origins:* Those in the telecommunications industry have known the "cooked telephone man" legend for many a year now — it's a perennial tale among them. One of our correspondents recalls hearing it in 1985, soon after he joined British Columbia Telephone Co. Another was regaled with it in 1962 by his family, who claimed the accident had happened around 1950 in Montana when the DEW line was being installed. As he heard ...
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/microwave.asp