RFI

Re: [RFI] An interesting RFI "noise" on 40 meters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] An interesting RFI "noise" on 40 meters
From: David Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 04:59:33 -0700
Hi,

Be sure to do the home power off test first!  I was helping a fellow
last year track some bad RFI, and he refused to do that test, so I
stopped helping.  He finally did the test, and low and behold he was
causing his own RFI...

He was kind enough to call me and let me know it was his stuff causing
the RFI, so we tracked it down to a touch lamp.

He assumed it was the power company for four years, and put up with a 10
over S9 signal across most of 80 meters...  He had some sort of custom
loop strung around under his house eves he bought from a fellow who
looks at your home on Google, and then asks you for measurements, then
creates the loop.  Needless to say, this thing picks up every LED in the
house.

He was floored when the touch lamp was unplugged, and his issue ended...
He is now replacing lots of things in his home to rid himself of RFI.
--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net