RFI

[RFI] Strange RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Strange RFI
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 12:26:26 -0400
I have a question. I when I transmit on 40M I turn on my CD player deck. I have to keep all the system power on an outlet strip so I can turn off all power to the system. My audio system is located on the other side of a wall separating my office and the den. I am transmitting using about 900W DC to a vertical antenna located about 110 ft away from the audio system. None of the other components in the system, amp, turntable, tuner, or cassette deck, respond to the signal.

Since the remote control for the deck is IR, I just wonder what the RF could be getting into to turn the CD player on.

David
KW4DH

--
There are two possible outcomes: if the result confirms the hypothesis, then
you've made a measurement.