RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI, Florescent Lights and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI, Florescent Lights and LEDs
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 01:34:57 -0400
We've gone the route: Replaced the incandescents with CFLs. Their price came down and lifetime went up. We've replaced the CFLs with LEDs which are becoming reasonably priced. The basement has been 4' fluorescents since we moved here 32 years ago. I can replace those with LEDs with little work. I don't have any need for variable output, but I do need a minimum of 110,000 Lumens for the shop. It's wired so I can run portions, or all of the shop. Normal, is all on.

The interior of the shop, walls and ceiling are bonded barn metal with a baked on white finish. Whether working with the machine tools, computer wiring and assembly, or ham equipment, I really appreciate the light and finish out there.

OTOH replacing the 11 8' 2 tube fixtures in the shop would be a major undertaking in labor and money

I've noted some of this thread, and e-mails to me have been showing up in other folders, so some doesn't get answered in a timely fashion. So I apologize for some of the late replies.

73

Roger  (K8RI)