RFI

[RFI] Station grounds

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Station grounds
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:21:03 -0700
OK. I am somewhat (but only somewhat) confused on the station ground issue.

I thought it was against the NEC for a ham station's ground system which would
use, say,
four 8' ground rods, separated by 6 to 8 feet from one another, and all tied
together with at
least #10 solid wire, MUST be separate from the electrical panel ground system
and not
connected to it.

Yet I read on W8JI's site and on K9YC's PDF that all such ground systems MUST
be tied
together.

So, which is it?

Why does the NEC appear to mandate one method, while the two mentioned above
appear
to recommend the opposite?

Or am I reading the NEC incorrectly?

Ken W7EKB