RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI to GFCI Outlet

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to GFCI Outlet
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:13:42 -0800
The house I owned in Chicago is similar to yours, but built around 1890. I had most of it rewired, putting all AC in either steel conduit (EMT) or Greenfield (flexible steel tubing). I used GFCIs in the kitchen and bathrooms. Don't recall the brand. One of them was always tripping. I had bought a bunch, and replaced it with one of the left-overs. That fixed it. So it was a bad one.

Lutron has a reputation of making dimmers that generate little if any RF noise, and word has it that they are pretty much aware of RFI. I'd try one of their outlets first.

73, Jim K9YC