RFI

[RFI] Generac Load-Shedder RFI

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Generac Load-Shedder RFI
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 10:19:39 -0400
We recently installed a whole-house auto-start Generac generator at our house. Since the generator can't handle all of our 220 volt machines simultaneously, in the unlikely event they all were on while running on the generator, there are 4 load-shedding modules that will dump loads as needed to keep within ratings.

I have just discovered that 2 of the 4 load shedders are radiating a tremendous amount of RF. At 136 MHz AM they pin the s-meter on my handi-talkie from 10 feet away, so you can imagine the HF bands!

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Generac on RFI? Might I be so lucky that you even know of a specific contact?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network