RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise location tools

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise location tools
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:03:22 +0000
The single most useful tool is a battery powered portable AM radio.  It
also helps if it has shortwave.

The MFJ dish you refer to is an ultrasonic microphone given high
directivity and sensitivity with the dish reflector.  It is highly useful
in isolating coronal discharge and actual arcing on power poles.  It may be
MFJ, but it does work well.  Even the power utilities use the technology,
although not MFJ, but they pay a lot more for their instruments.

Dave - WØLEV

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:39 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

> What are people using for noise sniffing?  I saw the MFJ dish but I try to
> avoid their stuff.
>
> I know there is no one perfect tool.
>
> W0MU

*Dave - WØLEV*