RFI

Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 17:40:11 -0800
On 2/28/2018 3:40 PM, Roger (K8RI) wrote:
I typically I just hear them called split nuts. They are widely available by that name in Hardware, electrical, and automotive outlets.

I've always seen them called "split bolt connectors." They've gotten much more expensive since the last time I bought any!  Just poked a bit, and this is the best price I've seen for the size I most often use.

http://www.elecdirect.com/split-bolts-grounding-products/split-bolt-connectors/copper-alloy-2-conductors-16-str-8-str?___store=us&nosto=nosto-page-product1

http://www.elecdirect.com/media/specsheets/102WMP.pdf

Not a recommendation of the mfr or vendor.

I use them on virtually all connections to wire antennas rather than solder.

Me too, starting about ten years ago.

73, Jim K9YC