RFI

Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?

To: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?
From: "Charles Gallo" <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:44:58 -0500
On Wed, February 20, 2019 9:12 am, Dave Cole (NK7Z) wrote:
> ...and your children will have good jobs!  :)  Nice work, you taught
> them well!
>
> 73s and thanks,
> Dave (NK7Z)

Thanks.
Although this Web page hasn't been updated in a couple of years, this (
https://femaidens2265.org/ ) is one of 2 teams I mentor - there are "Nerdy
Girls" (as their shirts say 'Talk Nerdy to Me') out there (and guys) (the
other team is co-ed https://www.sciborgs1155.org/ )

My daughter was the programming lead in the Fe Maidens both her Jr and Sr
years.  This year is my Son's Sr year, and has been acting electronics
lead, as well as a programmer

The interesting thing, and to keep it on topic is that neither is terribly
interested in getting their ham ticket.  Every once in a while, I used to
here my daughter say "I really should", and I still hear that from my son,
but they say "No real need" (Daughter is more interested, as their race
car team is sponsored by Harris - and at one location they have comms
issues, so they were thinking ham + repeater vs MURS.)