RFI

[RFI] compact fluorescent bulbs

To: RFI RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] compact fluorescent bulbs
From: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 05:02:53 -0500
I bought a pair of compact fluorescent bulbs at a big box retailer (*)
and when I opened the box, a slip of paper with this note on it fell
out:

"This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC Rules. If interference
occurs move this product away from the device or plug into a different
outlet. This product may cause interference to radio equipment and
should not be installed near maritime safety communications equipment
or other critical navigation or communication equipment operating
between 0.45-30 MHz. Any changes or modifications not expressly
approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority to
operate the equipment. Feit Electric Company, 4901 Gregg Road, Pico
Rivera, California 90660 www.Feit.com."

These I bought for a garage door opener (**), and in the directions
for the opener it says

"STEP 6 Install the Light Bulbs .... NOTE: Do not use halogen, short
neck, or specialty light bulbs as these may overheat the end panel or
light socket. Do not use LED bulbs as they may reduce the range or
performance of your remote controls."

Light bulbs!

(*)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-75-Watt-Equivalent-A19-Spiral-CFL-Light-Bulb-Daylight-2-Pack-ESL18TM-5K-2-ESM/206135445