RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Solved After 2 Years

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Solved After 2 Years
From: Gary K9GS <k9gs@gjschwartz.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:38:10 -0500
Just like the 220 line in my ham shack...the same circuit as the tablesaw in my
workshop..I told the electrician that I don't machine wood while operating. He
looked at me kinda funny.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: donovanf@starpower.net Date: 7/10/20
12:19 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: rfi@contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Solved
After 2 Years Hi Jim, The power supply is located in the mirror frame. But its
not worth the effort to fix it since I never operate while shaving! tks 73
Frank W3LPL ----- Original Message -----From: "Jim McCook" <w6ya@cox.net> To:
rfi@contesting.com Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 5:14:50 PM Subject: Re: [RFI]
RFI Solved After 2 Years Frank, I don't have access to the Lutron dimmer model.
The electrician simply stated that it's designed for dimmable LEDs. Perhaps
you're dealing with the switching power supply for the LEDs, an entirely
different problem. Do the LEDs have a separate PS or are they contained within
the actual light? I have had to deal with RFI from many pendant or chandelier
LEDs, and even the dreaded strip LEDs, all which have switching power supplies
that are radiating monsters. For pedants and chandeliers the little PS
 (POS) is usually in the back box. I've had luck with installing Corcom filters
between the line and that PS. For tough cases or with strip LEDs you have to go
to the attic to install a "magnetic" PS, readily available on Amazon. This is
just one example:
https://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Dimmable-Magnetic-Transformer-Flexible/dp/B00J1ZVKSQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1516573754&sr=8-8&keywords=magnetic+transformers+for+LED+lighting
 In any of those cases the switching PS must be first discarded (smashed or
burned works well). 73, Jim W6YA