RFI

[RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 18:22:40 -0400
All:

The reports I've read suggest that the strength of interference caused by solar panel systems can vary from one installation to the next EVEN when the distance to the source is similar. That variation could be attributed to radiating conductors tied to the system such as the house wiring.

We found high levels of RFI on the A/C lines throughout my neighbors home and that's likely the case with all Solar Edge installations since there are no chokes between the mains and inverter.

Given those facts, would a large home with long runs of un-shielded Romex produce higher levels of interference compared to a smaller home with shorter runs? Or does the resonance of the wiring play more of a role than length and number of runs?

It's an oversimplification, but it seems logical to consider what's connected to system and not just the system itself.

Tony -K2MO