RFI

[RFI] Sine wave correction for small generators

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Sine wave correction for small generators
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 20:06:56 -0700
I am considering adding a 60 Hz "tuned circuit" in line after my emergency 7500
watt
generator. Although I have not yet looked at the wave-form of the output, from
what I read, it
is essentially a "stepped" representation of a sine wave, which is, in my
opinion, very dirty.

I have two, very heavy, 115-to-115 VAC, 15 amp transformers (they weigh at
least 50 lbs
each).

I am considering paralleling enough capacitors on the inputs and outputs of the
two
transformers to result in 60 Hz tuned circuits in an attempt to smooth out the
"stepped" 60 Hz
waveform.

Has anyone tried this and if so what was your result?

Ken W7EKB