RFI

Re: [RFI] Utilitech LED Recessed Lighting

To: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Utilitech LED Recessed Lighting
From: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:01:45 -0700
Kenny ~

This summer we had 5 of that type of Utilitech LED's put into our kitchen.
The kitchen is probably less than 100 feet from my antennas.

Sorry - but I can't find the model number - but they are flat and like a
puck, as you say.

I monitor my station's noise floor very closely (by looking at Elecraft P3
panadapter with SVGA) and also walk around with an SDR connected to DF
loop.

I did a before vs. after test + an ON/OFF test --- and could detect no
increase in noise floor or RFI.

Note: There is NO DIMMER control installed.

These are not very expensive - and if purchased from big box store - they
can probably easily be returned.

73, Alan K0AV