RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton

To: "'Tony'" <73guddx@gmail.com>, "'Rfi List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton
From: rocketnj@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 16:55:25 -0400
I've got two local houses that appear to be potentially causing
interference. But recently (last week) I am getting constant wide band noise
on all HF bands. 10 dB increase on 40, 13 dB increase on 15 but only 3 dB
increase on 6 (using HF Yagi for 6 meters receive).
Seems a bearing of 200 degrees which is not towards wither house with solar.
A sharp null in interference 90 degrees in either direction.

Need to borrow a VHF Yagi and all band receiver from my friend to further
track this down.
Interesting thing is the wide noise blanker on the Flex can knock out the
noise completely. The K4D, not as lucky. I can reduce the noise on K4D but
not eliminate it.

Getting back to Tony's comment - I agree. The solar companies are getting
more aggressive with sales and the installation contractors just want to get
the job done ASAP as they get paid by the job. I'd love to sign a petition t
the FCC to request standards for emissions be set and enforced.

73
Dave wo2x