RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>, Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 01:40:07 +0000 (UTC)
 I'm not going to take a side in this discussion but allow me to point out that
there are 776,142 FCC licensees as of yesterday.
https://www.arrl.org/fcc-license-counts
Of those, fewer than 160,000 are ARRL members or about 20% of the total.  I am
one, only because I'm a DXer and participate in the DXCC program.  I won't take
any more shots at ARRL is this forum other than to  to say that communicating
with my Director is pointless.  My emails go unacknowledged.  Don't count on
$20 from me.

Regarding that other 80% of hams I'll venture that most of them aren't even on
the air and if they are they probably have a Boafeng strapped to their belts.
For example, looking here https://haminfo.tetranz.com/map at my six character
grid square I find that I have 18 ham neighbors.  I was shocked when I saw
this, since this area is one of one acre or larger parcels and half of the grid
is a national park, so that seems like a pretty high density.  However, of
those 18, I know exactly one of them.  Otherwise, I see no antennas, hear no
signals and have never run into any of them at ham gatherings.  I wouldn't
count on any $20 donations from any of these folks either.
I can spare $.02, this is it.
Wes  N7WS