RFI

Re: [RFI] Strange birdies on 10M

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Strange birdies on 10M
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:33:12 -0600
Are they always there?  Our washing machine generates a bunch of similar stuff when washing.

W0MU

On 7/12/2022 7:52 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Recently (just the last couple of days), I have noticed that my RBN receiver is showing a far above-average number of decoders on 10M.  Investigating this, I see that *only* on 10M, I seem to have a series of birdies.  They are every 8 KHz, and are comprised of a central signal and two weaker ones about 600 Hz either side, and vary substantially in "loudness", although the loudest are still below S0 on my K3,

I'm unlikely to invest much time, considering the weakness of the signals, but am wondering if the characteristics suggest some particular kind of SPS or other device