RFI

[RFI] Lennox brand HVAC RFI experience

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Lennox brand HVAC RFI experience
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:55:42 -0500
We are looking at a replacement HVAC and these items are proposed for the install.  I'm paranoid about the RFI noise profile out of modern HVAC systems and would be interested in any comments.

The Lennox P/N recommended are:

Merit series - ML14XC1$-042 compressor 14 SEER

Elite series - EL280UH090E488 dual-speed (2-stage?) furnace 80%

The installer is aware of the Lennox 604552-01 kit which includes a differential filter and a snap-on toroid.  I've made it clear that the single snap-on toroid is likly and that a multi-turn type 31 would be used in lieu if needed.  Which would not have a warranty issue as the HVAC guy and I share a common electrician who has vouched for the safety of this "mod."  And we have discussed that similar (multi-turn toroid) treatment may be added to the thermostat line as well.

Appreciate any advice on other guys who may have experience with Lennox gear in general, or these families in particular.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com