RFI

Re: [RFI] Travel trailer converter RFI solutions

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Travel trailer converter RFI solutions
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 13:15:55 -0700
On 7/22/2022 12:57 PM, nm8rmedic wrote:
The mix 31 I placed on the AC line at the input of the converter was common mode. But as noted in my initial post, it had no effect whatsoever. Nor did an isobar power strip with its filtering components.

It's all about which cables make the best antennas, and at what frequencies, and with what directivity to our intentional antennas, in any given installation.

Another generality is that commercial filters don't do much to kill noise BECAUSE most noise is common mode, usually on the "Green Wire" due to poor construction of the noise source, and the Green Wire bypasses the filter. There are, of course,exceptions.

73, Jim K9YC