[RTTY] Re: virus proagators

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: virus proagators
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:44:39 -0500
> Name names!  Was I one of the culprits?

Excuse me - The emails were sent directly to me - But contain [RTTY] in the
subject - Sometimes with a blank "Re:" after it and other times with a
previous legit subject line.  Maybe someone on the list has something that's
going through their address books.

What I have are from:

BobD _k1vv@tmlp.com (notice the first character is an underline character)

Harvey Tewes _htewes@netzero.net

rob.ball  _rob.ball@ic24.net

These email addresses with the first character "_" are what's seen with
certain viruses, I think.  They all have an attached txt file that I didn't
open.

If I were at home, my Norton would probably identify something, but I don't
have it on this particular machine.  At least 1 other person has responded
that they got at least 1 of the same kind of email.