[RTTY] Parody Island DXpedition Announcement

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Parody Island DXpedition Announcement
From: k2yg@bellatlantic.net (Dave Barr)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:15:18 +0000

> On 28 Mar 2002 at 20:48, Don Hill AA5AU wrote (with a stroke of genius):
>
> > I'm happy to report that I am organizing a DXpedition to a newly
> > discovered island in the Gulf of Mexico called Parody Island....
>             (This belongs on the DX Honor Roll of  Humor!)

Don't forget, when XF4PI does finally get on SSB,  make sure rig frequency
instability makes it difficult for callers to copy replies, and equally
difficult
for the XF4PI op to find the station he's called acknowledging and giving a
report.
Then, after three unsuccessful tries, put 'em in the log anyway.

(My sour grapes comment on mode balance for VP6DI:  Hundreds of 500 watt RTTY
calls
- no QSO.  Three  QRP calls on  15 CW - one QSO.  Where was too much time
spent?)

Dave K2YG