[RTTY] Keying circuit interface

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Keying circuit interface
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 06:21:49 -0700
This subject comes up all the time at local meeting.  They guys are always
asking me what I use for rtty.  I have made several of the homebrew interfaces
and mostly have use the transistor keying circuit from Dick's webpage.  I am
glad to see that Don has put the transistor circuits on his webpage.
I though I would tell you what I have done.  There is a guy that sells all the
parts with a nice circuit board for $26.00 for an PSK31 audio interface.
http://www.packetradio.com/psk31.htm  He calls it a Rascal.  It is really
nothing special except that it is a kit and you can get the correct connector
for your rig.  But it is nicely done and has the transformers for the audio.
What it doesn't have is CW & FSK.  So using the two transistors circuit I added
a small perfboard inside his interface box.  He already has a dB9 connector for
PTT, so the wires for CW and FSK are already there.  Also if your rig supports
FSK from the DIN plug on the back, he has all the wires for it.  In my case, I
am using a TS-850S, I had to have seperate cables out of the box for CW and
FSK.  There are many interfaces out in the market, they are all good, I only
decided on this one as for the price I could hardly buy the parts, and since it
was a kit, I was able to add the CW and FSK in the same box while I was
building it.
The circuit and other information is on my website at http://www.qsl.net/k0bx
cu at Dayton
Joe K0BX