[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY ILLOGICAL RULE FOR SO

To: wo4o@juno.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY ILLOGICAL RULE FOR SO
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:01:25 -0700
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:38:37 -0500, wo4o@juno.com wrote:

>Because of this illogical rule I will likely play in the YO DX HF Contest
>instead.
>
>73 Ric Wo4o

The rule is not really illogical.  My understanding is the rule was
created to prevent single unassisted ops from cheating by using packet
spots.  Obviously it can't prevent the attempt to cheat but it does
prevent receiving the benefit for the most part.  Even with the rule,
a clever crook could still gain some small benefit and not get caught,
maybe.

The rule may be disgusting, hateful, despicable or worse, but it is
logical.

--
73, Bill W7TI