[RTTY] Maidenhead distance calculator

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Maidenhead distance calculator
From: "Scott Keating" <n4gva@aerog.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:29:17 -0500
Dave, W7DPW was asking about grid-distance formulas earlier:  I stripped out
the bits of code I use in "MD", annotated it, and recompiled it into a
simple calculator.  The procedures for extracting lat/lon coordinates from
the grid - and then calculating the distance (in km for the contest) should
be pretty easily to follow by looking at the .bas modules in my vb code.  I
also compiled it for those that may want to use the program without a
compiler.

The source code and program are available through my site at
http://www.aerog.com/cgi-bin/dl/download.pl?file=gc

There are other, probably nicer ways to write up the decoding code but I
threw this together awhile back from some notes I found on the 'net
somewhere and it works pretty well.

DK3VN's website also has a javascript calculator online at
http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn/fmaidenhead.html

73 - Scott, N4GVA