[RTTY] Yaesu FT-1000MP MKV Field on RTTY Questions

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Yaesu FT-1000MP MKV Field on RTTY Questions
From: "k0bx@qsl.net" <k0bx@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:02:11 -0800 (PST)
I have a chance to pickup a used FT-1000MP MKV Field.
I have been using my TS-850S/AT for 12 years now and I
 have been thinking of a new rig.  I been looking at
the IC-756PROII but it seems like the Yaesu has
everything I need for rtty.

I know FSK is really audio FSK on the MP, doesn't
matter, what matters is if the receive signal passes
through the CW filter? and which filter(s) would be
the best for rtty?

I like the sub-band receiver, sure wish the 850 had
one, but what filter would be good there?

The last question is about reliability.  I don't want
the rig to be in the shop more than on my desk.  Has
the key click and display problems been fixed on the
later models??

I know everyone has a opinion, but please keep the
answers focus on the MP and not a my rig is better
than yours e-mail storm.

Thanks
Joe K0BX