Re: [RTTY] Another PK232MBX Issue

To: w9ily@arrl.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Another PK232MBX Issue
From: "k0bx@qsl.net" <k0bx@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John, the PK-232 is factory set for 200 HZ instead
of the 170 HZ that is used for rtty.  This was so it
could be used for Packet.

I would re-align the PK-232 for 170 shift.  It is very
easy to do and the complete instructions are on my
webpage at:
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

As far as the image or unwanted signal, that could be
many things.  Usually you are over driving the
transmitter.  Make sure the compressor is off, move
the mike gain up with the afsk input until full power
and then back off a bit until it go's down a bit.  You
could have a rig problem, but that is not likely.

Good Luck

Joe K0BX