Re: [RTTY] LoTW - another view

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] LoTW - another view
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:26:56 -0600
Whoa... one is fully functional? Then tell me how I can generate a hardcopy QSL
card from LOTW and submit it to a non-ARRL award sponsor. LOTW might be fully
functional for you but it is not fully functional for me. I'm not chasing DXCC
or WAS... I already have them on the wall, from before LOTW.

As you know, the LOTW system is geared for ARRL awards promotion, not general
amateur radio promotion per se. Their refusal to partner with the eQSL system
to leverage the effectiveness of both systems is beyond me. I definitely ding
them for a stubborn "not invented here" mindset. But it's their product and
they can gear it to their own goals and objectives. And like any software
development project, you need to limit the "scope creep". That can derail or
kill a project pretty fast.

In any case, my original question still remains unanswered by anyone... What is
the acceptable percentage of League officials using LOTW?

73 de Bob - K0RC

Scott Schultz launched the following message from his computer:

>Message: 10
>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:49:36 -0600
>From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz@juno.com>
>Subject: Re: [RTTY] LoTW - another view