[RTTY] So, will I have anyone to work in the NAQP???

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] So, will I have anyone to work in the NAQP???
From: Jeff Stai <jds@twistedoak.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:13:37 -0700
Usually this forum is burning up the wires the week before an NAQP!
Last year there were many messages leading up to the contest...

So:

- are you planning a big effort?
- are you on a team?
- what do you think band conditions will be?
- are you trying something new this time?

So, let's hear it!

Me: I plan to guest op at WC6H's fabulous antenna farm. He is not set
up at all for RTTY nor SO2R so I get to haul radios, computers, and
stubs over there and set them up on Friday. I've done it once before
(CQWWRTTY) so knock on wood it goes smoothly... the stubs are new: I
had tried to exist on just the Dunestars but bringing them and the
band decoders is a pain, and I managed to smoke the 10m section again
when I transmited into the wrong antenna... stubs are more resilient
and easier to set up. It does mean I will have one radio on 40-15 and
the other on 80-20-10.

I think the NCCC will have two teams this year.

your turn! - jeff wk6i

ps: Yes, I realize that Larry W0ETC is not here to whip things up like
he used. We'll just have to whip ourselves now.

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/