Re: [RTTY] New RTTY set up - comments pse.

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New RTTY set up - comments pse.
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:21:22 -0600
Graeme,

MMTTY is fully capable to support both FSK and AFSK. Just check its set up.

M1MM and Writelog easily implement MMTTY plug-in. Out of the whole MMTTY you
will only see its waterfall along with a small menu to set up. You can
easily find a convenient place place for the watrefall window among other
N1MM or Writelog windows on the screen, and will operate the contest with
usual contesting program keys or their combinations.

I for one prefer AFSK and low tones' set up. Having heard tones below 1 kc I
can easily tune to a station just by ears, without even loking at the
waterfall or so. Besides, with lower tones it is much easier to distinguish
dofferent signals. Besides, usual high FSK tones sound too high and
therefore too annoying, at least for me.

The pure FSK gives you a very significant advantage, you will never overpump
the transmitted signal and it will always be perfectly clean. The unproperly
adjusted AFSK, especially with the low tones, might produce a lot of
unpleasant products transmitted...

Just some brief thoughts.

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE also EU1SA