Re: [RTTY] WTB: HAL ST-8000

To: "'Kok Chen'" <chen@mac.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WTB: HAL ST-8000
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:31:18 -0000
Kok,
 We used both the 8000 and 8000a in my old military unit, Air Control
Squadron ground tactical type. We used them when we would control those fast
movers F14's-F18's including some of our allies fighters. We would take the
data , send and receive , and send it to the *** via landline ( encrypted ).
Only difference I ever noticed was the 8000 was little faster to tune
(scope).
These were modified by Hal for this application and will not work as ham use
unless it was re-modified.
I doubt it will copy as good as RITTY. I have not found anything yet that
will.
73
Charles/kk5oq