[RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6 @ 00:00 UTC

To: tara-n2ty@yahoogroups.com, rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com, digitalmodes@yahoogroups.com, digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, ve3_contest@yahoogroups.com, contesting@yahoogroups.com, kb8nw@barf80.nshore.org, w2xbs@twiar.org
Subject: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee - Dec 6 @ 00:00 UTC
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:00:46 EST
Howdy Folks:

Okay, it's time to ready yourselves and your station for the upcoming TARA
RTTY Melee to be held on December 6, 2008 at 00:00 UTC. Now, I'm totally
aware
that this just might not be your most favorite contest,  according to a poll
that was
taken a year ago or so. But, it's been running since the early 1990's and
we're here to stay! Otherwise I'd be out of a job. With that in mind why
don't
you try this contest out and see if we can't put so 'fire in the  wires' and
have ourselves a good old time while we're at it. As in  year's past this
does
make an excellent chance for all of you to test your  station out for the
ever popular ARRL Roundup in January. So, now you see  this contest really
does
serve a purpose! Plus, if you submit your  score you get the great
satisfaction
of knowing you're putting Ernie, WM2U  and myself to work.

All kidding aside TARA is really proud to been running this contest for our
17th year without missing any in between. It hasn't been easy but we've been
quite fortunate that a good number of you have guided us along all these
years
with your support/input. And, without that it would have died long  ago.

Please, come join us on December 6th for this contest. As I  always say, we
need as
many of you as possible to join in and make it a  success. If I can assist
any
of you in any way, shape or form just drop me  an email at <_ny2u@n2ty.org_
(mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org) >
Even if you don't  plan on participating in the full contest you're more than
welcome to join in on the fun.

Oh yes...as requested by a number of you folks we have added 160 Meters to
this contest! Give it a try if you can.

TARA RTTY Mêlée -- sponsored by the Troy Amateur Radio Assn, from
0000Z-2400Z Dec 6. Categories: SOAB-HP (>150 W), SOAB-LP (<150 W),  MOAB,
SWL, 10 min
band change rule for MO. Frequencies: 160- 10 meters,  operate 16 hours max.
Exchange: RS + State/Province or serial number for DX.  QSO points: 1 pt/QSO.
Score: QSO points -- S/P/C counted once only (US and  VE only count as S/P).
For
more information: <_www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_rules.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_rules.html) >  . Summary 8
sheets (no logs) due Dec 31 via online submission form at
<_www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_score.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_score.html) >  .

73 - Bill NY2U
And do not forget the TARA sponsored  contests...
<_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html) >