Re: [RTTY] Dell Outlet

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dell Outlet
From: Roy Maull <rmaull@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 01:19:36 +0000
At 14:29 12/14/2008, Neal Campbell wrote:
>Andre
>
>If you have a few hours, you might consider building your own. Get the
>$250 i7 Intel Proc, the approproate Asus board and 2 gigs of ddr3 1600
>memory (all totaled abt $700) and you will have power for anything
>coming down the pike for the next few years.
>
>The only luck I have had on refurb machines is with servers and they
>can last forever. I run my cluster on a dual AMD proc which I bought 3
>years ago ($159) and it never goes down (wish I could say the same for
>my internet connectons). I bought a dual xeon dual proc server last
>year and run vmware ESX on it which allows me to have 2-3 virtual
>machines active at the same time without a  noticable slowdown.

                 I just purchased a server from www.geeks.com for
$219.95 plus shipping.  This is an Intel
         SE7501BR2 mb w/  dual Xeon 2.4 GHz processors, 1 GB memory,
1 - 40 GB IDE drive, 3 - 36 GB      SCSI    drives, 2 comm ports, 1
LPT port, 10/100 and 1000 Ethernet Ports, dial up modem, 450 watt
         P/S.
                 There is no O/S, keyboard or mouse with the
system.  I loaded XP Pro with little problems.
         At times I run SO2R RTTY with Writelog and 2 copies of MixW
for 2 band Ecomm work.  There is more
         than enough power to run these with no apparent lag.  Take a
look at some of their other combination
         offers.

         73.. Roy N8YYS
         Keep West Virginia Beautiful.. Grow ALUMINUM!!