[RTTY] WØDXCC Contest Central - RTTY Contesting presentation...

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WØDXCC Contest Central - RTTY Contesting presentation...
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:13:42 -0500
The PowerPoint presentation I made at the WØDXCC Convention in Rochester, MN
this past weekend can be downloaded from my website, here:

http://tinyurl.com/mjn4jz

This was a 30-minute presentation. There is no teleprompter script to follow
because I used the slides as an outline and elaborated additional details on
the fly. This presentation focused on the beginnings of amateur RTTY, some of
the early contests, and how they evolved to what we have today.

The second part was walking the audience through examples of contest exchanges
using the NAQP RTTY contest as the template. I left out anything to do with
"here's how you build a station" and simply referred them to Don Hill's two
websites.

The feedback I received was good. By the time I got home that night, NAQP was
pretty well finished so I didn't get a chance to operate this time.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN