Re: [RTTY] off topic but rtty employs a lot of cables so...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] off topic but rtty employs a lot of cables so...
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:42:48 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:56:25 -0000, "Marty W8AKS" <w8aks55@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also interested in reponses on how others have handled this.

REPLY:

For years I looked for a label that was rugged and easily readable and
I think I have found a good solution. I use a product called Key Tags,
made by Avery, part number 11025. They are a round heavy paper tag,
1.25 inch in diameter with a metal ring around the circumference. I
remove the split ring they come with and fasten them to the cable with
a nylon Ty-Wrap. I mark them with an ultra-fine Sharpie if they are to
be permanent, or a pencil if I might want to re-use them.

Their main advantage over a stick-on type label is they are much
easier to read, and you can mark both sides so they can have a lot of
information if you need it. A bit expensive - about $7 for a box of
50, but well worth it, IMO. Google Avery 11025 to find more info.

73, Bill W6WRT