Re: [RTTY] Sound card for RTTY/MMTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sound card for RTTY/MMTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:34:53 -0500
For USB sound cards these two have separate mic and line inputs and
seem to work well with WriteLog and N1MM Logger:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829126101
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829180006

The latter one is identical to the StarTech unit.

*NONE* of the current Creative (Soundblaster) PCI or PCI-e cards
appear to have separate line and mic inputs (fine if you are only
interested in RTTY but a PITA if you need to use it for voice work
as well).  In addition, there are no Vista or Windows 7 drivers for
any of the current Turtle Beach/Voytrea PCI cards.

Among the PCI interface cards - the StarTech PCISOUND7 ($27.00)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829180006
SIIG IC-510012-S2 ($20.00)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829270008
and SIIG IC-710012-S2 ($35.00)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829270006
- appear to have separate mic and line inputs and Vista/Win7 32/64
drivers.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV