Re: [RTTY] QRZ to QRV

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QRZ to QRV
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:35:32 -0800

Well Tony, I'm going to change my TU macro from QRZ to QRV just to  be
technically correct. Then at least people who really know exactly  what the
Q-signals mean will send me their call right away instead of  waiting for
someone else to send, which will cause dead time in my run. I  must confess
that
I thought QRZ meant "whoever is there send now", but  since it really means
something else to Q-signal pros, I can't argue  that. I'm a relative newbie
with

Hi Bill

There are probably others out there like you who don'e know what every Q
signals is.

I know at times I've sent 'QRZ' when I didn't print someone and didn't get
any answer back.  Sent a CQ and the guy came right back.  Everyone knows
what 'CQ' means.  73
Tom W7WHY