Re: [RTTY] WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION
From: Bill <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:19:39 -0500
I've connected computer case to radio for years.
I can't honestly say I ever noticed more or less rfi.
nor
Did I ever see any change in audio, nor receive reports of such.

I usually connect my green wire to a screw that holds the power supply
to the case.
Not sure it makes a difference other than, wild guess that if rf is
getting into the computer, power source would be a likely spot.

Like I said, operated with computer to radio grounded and without.
Never saw any difference.

Obviously other peoples mileage may vary.

On 4/4/12 1:01 PM, Eric Mynes wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I would think that a ground wire screwed to the chassis of a computer
> case would be the best place to ground it.
>
> 73,
> Eric
> k8ohz
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Bill<w9ol@billnjudy.com>  wrote:
>> I've run braid or green insulated copper wire from the 'ground lug' on
>> the radio to the computer chassis.
>> But is there a BETTER place on a computer to connect the ground wire?
>>
>> And what has anyone done about the 'pin 1' problem?
>>
>> --
>>
>> A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.-Thomas Carlyle

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power.