[RTTY] FW: RTTY + FT920

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: RTTY + FT920
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:28:49 -0500
Rag,

I use a FT-920 on RTTY FSK on a regular basis.

Here is my Radio setup:

Mode DATA-LSB (This defaults to LSB injection)
AFSK/FSK switch on the rear panel set to FSK.
Menu U-42 = Hi 2125
Menu U-43 = 170
Menu U-44 = Reverse (This depends on the FSK Keying interface)
FSK keying circuit should be on pin 1 of the Data connector and pin 2 is
ground.

MMTTY Setup:
Polarity = Normal
Setup | TX Tab. Setup the correct FSK com port for your interface
Setup | MISC tab. Set the TX port to one of the FSK selections.

I use a homebrewed FSK keying, so I'm not familiar with the MicroHam setup.
I don't know if you need to load EXTFSK.DLL or not. I use it here because my
interface uses a USB to serial converter.
Perhaps Joe/W4TV can assist in getting your MicroHam set up properly.

I use MMTTY under Logger32, but the above setting work for the FT-920 and
MMTTY as a standalone.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP