Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties
From: Lee Roberts <ham@n0sq.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:28 -0700
You are right. I didn't think that would have solved my problem since the
button implies that one is using a USB device. After selecting the appropriate
option I was able to send all of the macro. Combine that with eliminating the
diddle problem and having to reverse the transmitted RTTY in the TS2000 I was
up and running. But, I still have to figure out the "problem" with not being
able to get the crosshair pattern in MMTTY. I had to use my experience and a
little guessing as to where to tune my radio instead. I played with filters and
other settings but couldn't get the crosshair pattern - it was more like an X
pattern but the lines weren't at right angles to each other and the X was
tilted (if you know what I mean). I couldn't get the X lines to be at right
angles. Sometimes I had a pattern where one of the lines was wiggly instead of
straight. As a matter of fact, playing with the filter options didn't help much
in cleaning up signals, IMHO. I'm not sure if this setup is a major
improvement over using the Kam+ but at least the Kam will be useful as a
backup since it works with N1MM without the MMTTY. I suppose in a lab the
N1MM/MMTTY setup would outperform the N1MM/Kam setup.

Thanks for everyones help.

Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote ..