Re: [RTTY] Courtesy

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Courtesy
From: john <w8wej@citynet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:04:45 +0000
no stones,
actually I think the rtty bunch by and large are the most considerate contestants of all--the folks here make it my favorite mode.
in short I love rtty contesting because of the folk in it
/qrp or / any thing else hooked to a call is a very bad idea--I know the qrp guys are proud of what they can do wid 5 wts or less, and they should be,,, however , in a contest, with programs not set up to ignore /qrp,ET AL ,,it is a very bad thing--/anything other than qth in another area just balls every thing up/// save the /qrp thing to "regular causal contacts and just sign your call as is period.
this is a hobby(so they say) and should be fun , contests or whatever..
for the ones willing to listen and learn, they will, for the others, it is what it is. my couple of cents worth,,, and yes there are still a lot (though dimensioning) of us old fools)
lets have fun , shall we??
\73 john w8wej